What is it?
LiveText is an online e-portfolio and assessment system used by The School of Education to gather data about student learning to maintain accreditation by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) as required of all teacher education programs by the State of New Jersey. The College uses the data to continuously improve the quality of its programs and maintain its prestige and accreditation standing, enhancing the value of your degree in the marketplace.
Why do I need to register?
One or more of the courses in your professional program will require you to submit assignments in LiveText. Therefore, you will need to register as a LiveText subscriber, but you will only need to register once in your academic career. You will have access to this account for five years.
LiveText is a valuable tool that will provide you with a powerful way to assess and document your efforts, store and manage academic files, and showcase your work to prospective employers. Some of the benefits of the system include:
- A simple and secure method for submitting and tracking assignments;
- Tools for collaboration and sharing your work;
- Access to digital resources and course management tools; and
- The ability to create personalized electronic portfolios that can be shared with prospective employers.
How do I register?
You will receive an email with instructions on how to register. Begin registration by clicking the link provided in the Livetext registration email.
NOTE: If you have not received an invitation from LiveText, please check your spam folder. If not found, email Corey Drake (firstname.lastname@example.org); be sure to include your PAWS ID.
- Choose your role: Student
- This will bring you to the application in which your unique 16-digit key code has already been entered.
- Complete any missing information, including creating a username and password.
It is highly suggested you use your TCNJ username as your LiveText username.
- Click Register.
If you encounter any issues, please email LiveText Coordinator, Corey Drake (email@example.com). Include your PAWS ID in all correspondence.