LiveText is an online e-portfolio and assessment system used by The School of Education to gather data about student learning to maintain accreditation by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The College uses the data to continuously improve the quality of its programs, maintain its prestige and accreditation standing, and comply with state and federal requirements, thereby enhancing the value of your degree in the marketplace.
Why do I need to register for LiveText?
One or more of the courses in your professional program will require you to submit assignments in LiveText. Therefore, you will need to register as a LiveText subscriber, but you will only need to register once in your academic career. You will have access to this account for five years.
LiveText is a valuable tool that will provide you with a powerful way to assess and document your efforts, store and manage academic files, and showcase your work to prospective employers. Some of the benefits of the system include:
- Secure, cloud-based storage;
- A simple and secure method for submitting and tracking key assignments;
- Tools for collaboration and sharing your work;
- Access to digital resources and course management tools;
- Management and submission of edTPA-related materials; and
- The ability to create personalized electronic portfolios that can be shared with prospective employers.
How do I register for LiveText?
You will receive an email with instructions on how to register. Begin registration by clicking the link provided in the Livetext registration email. Students in four-year programs should anticipate receiving this invitation email in their first academic year. Students in five-year programs should anticipate receiving this invitation email in their second academic year.
NOTE: If you have not received an invitation from LiveText, please check your spam folder. If not found, email Corey Drake (firstname.lastname@example.org); be sure to include your PAWS ID.
- Choose your role: Student
- This will bring you to the application in which your unique 16-digit key code has already been entered.
- Complete any missing information, including creating a username and password.
It is highly suggested you use your TCNJ username as your LiveText username.
- Click Register.
If you encounter any issues during registration, please email LiveText Coordinator, Corey Drake (email@example.com). Include your PAWS ID in all correspondence.
How do I retrieve a lost LiveText password?
- Go to https://www.livetext.com
- In the upper right corner of your browser window, click on the “Login” link and then click the “Forgot Password?” link.
- Enter your school email address.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Make sure the first choice (“Email to”) is selected.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Check your e-mail account. Look for an e-mail from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a subject line that begins with “LiveText Password Reset Code for”. You may need to check your spam or trash folders if you do not receive the email in your inbox. Alternatively, you may need to add email@example.com to your address book to receive the email if your email provider is filtering the email from your account entirely.
- Your username will be located at the top of the email. Within the e-mail you’ve received, click the link provided. This should take you back to the LiveText website and you should see a message stating “Reset your password”.
- Enter a new password for your account in the text boxes labeled “New Password” and “Confirm New Password”. The password must be identical in both boxes. The password must be at least six characters in length and contain a mix of character types with at least two from the following categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numeral, and symbols.
- Click the “Continue” button. At this point, you will receive a confirmation message on screen that states “your new password has been reset successfully”.
- Click the link “Continue to your LiveText Membership account”.
If you do not receive a password reset email after 10-15 minutes, please call LiveText/Watermark at 800.311.5656 on Monday-Thursday 8:00am-9:00pm, Friday 8:00am-7:00pm, and Sunday 5:00-10:00pm (Eastern) so they can manually reset your password over the phone.